Commercial carpet - ideal for offices, hotels, casinos, restaurants, halls
Commercial carpet - this type of carpet does not belong to any of those that we listed earlier. This is a separate type of carpet for office and hotels. It is called in another way - office carpet. Such commercial carpet is mainly used to cover rough floor work. In addition, the office carpet has the function of thermal insulation, sound insulation, and increases the comfort of the person inside. But, all of the above functions will be available only if the office carpet itself meets certain criteria.
Now let's name some of these criteria:
stability of linear dimensions;
The main criteria for office carpet
1. Noise isolation - the unique ability of commercial carpet to suppress noise within the room where the carpet lies. It is with this property that commercial carpet is fundamentally different from linoleum and laminate. The main advantage of noise cancellation is that commercial carpet, which is laid in office premises, helps to increase the efficiency of all staff due to the fact that unnecessary noise will not distract workers from their work duties.
2. Type of staining. Commercial carpet, as we have already said, is most of all intended for office and shop premises. It is for this reason that it is most susceptible to effects, such as abrasion of carpet. The main point in using the carpet will be its color, which should not change its color during use. Note: office carpet should be dyed with mass, then its color will last longer. The print is the top dyeing of the thread - it will not play such an important role in preventing the appearance of baldness in some places and in the partial fading of the color of the carpet. If the carpet for the office has been painted in bulk, then even a large abrasion on it will not be so noticeable and will not fade.
3. Carpet for office must be wearable in order to last a long time. An indicator such as wear resistance is checked in a special way. To do this, use the Taber test, during which this office carpet is purposely wiped off with a specially designed roller for an abrasive surface. Naturally, after the test has been passed, we will be able to safely assess the dynamics of changes that have occurred with the office carpet. Commercial carpets must be rated for wear class 33. The class is determined according to the changes in the carpet that have occurred after the Taber test.
4. Lightfastness indicates the resistance of carpet to UV rays. In order for a commercial carpet to serve you for a long time, you need to choose it according to the level of lightfastness, so that in the evenings you do not observe burnt spots on the carpet.
5. Stability of linear dimensions is another important indicator that you should pay attention to when choosing a carpet. This criterion does not cause discrepancies in sizes, their contractions and extensions.
6. In the manufacture of commercial carpet, one of two types of yarn is used - polypropylene and nylon. Each of them has its own advantages. Polypropylene is cheaper and nylon is better in wear. Choose what is more important to you.